Life in outer space - meeting how humans meet their needs. This lesson is a look at how humans are affected in outer space and what needs to be provided and done, to meet their basic needs - This lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the Power Point), SIXTEEN videos, Predict, Observe, Explain activity as well as a word document which follows the PowerPoint. The PowerPoint is fun and applicable with SIXTEEN videos embedded into the Power Point and many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion. Most of the videos were created aboard the International Space Station and answer many questions such as how astronauts shower, eat and many more common questions.
Buyer Comment: "Great intro to sometimes tricky expectations to cover at the kids' level."
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the Power Point
- The student version of the Power Point
- SIXTEEN videos embedded into the Power Point
- Student lesson handout
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my Human Space Exploration - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Human space history
- The International Space Station
- Obtaining O2 and removing CO2
- Eating in space
- Sleeping in space
- Showering and using the bathroom in space
- Experiments in space
- Getting sick in space
- The negative effects of microgravity
- Long-term solutions to life in space
You might also be interested in the following activities as they relate directly to ecological interactions.
- "This looks amazing. Thank you for putting this extensive package together. "
- "Great powerpoint. This had a lot of informations and the students found it very interesting. Thank you for your hard work."
- "Amazing and detailed. Great resource!"
- "This is amazing!!"
- "Great lesson on everyday life in space. Should be very attention grabbing for students."
- "detailed and huge time save for a very tired teacher. Students loved the videos. "
- "My students really enjoyed this!"
- "Fantastic unit."
This lesson can also be found within the Space Unit by clicking here. Purchasing the unit saves you 44% compared with buying each item separately.
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
You might also be interested in these assignment which can be found within the unit or purchased separately.
The Science Newsletter Assignment can also be purchased separately here for $2.00
The individual Space Lessons can be found below:
More Buyer Comments: ""This was an excellent unit!"
"Great resource!! Thank you for sharing your creativity and hard work with others."
"This was so great!
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.