The following is a common core-based worksheet and PowerPoint bundle focusing on life in the United States during the 1950s. This worksheet and PowerPoint is loaded with a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote active engagement and critical thinking. Several activities include:
• Do now that focuses on the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution and the Eisenhower Doctrine. – includes several thought provoking questions.
• Links to two brief videos on youtube that focuses on the suburbs, car culture, company men, consumerism, and the baby boom. – nearly 10 questions follow including many opportunities for small group or whole class discussion.
• Primary and secondary source analysis – Gender roles, Red Scare, and McCarthyism – includes critical thinking questions.
• Video – Make Mine Freedom (included) – questions follow.
• Fill-in-the-blank notes (answers included)
• 22 total questions are on the worksheet – so many opportunities for discussion.
• PowerPoint includes 14 slides of primary source photographs, charts, and quotes that bring the 1950s to life!
This worksheet can easily be modified to fit a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Please follow me to receive notifications about newly uploaded products. Finally, please rate this worksheet. Thanks!