LIFE OF PI
By Yann Martel
THE BEST SELLING UNIT ON LIFE OF PI ON TPT!!
If you would like to purchase the Google Classroom edition of this exact unit you will find it here:
• Life of Pi (entire novel is covered): Google Classroom edition
This unit is also included in my Perfect Pairing #1 unit here:
• Critical Thinking: LIFE OF PI and DAILY DILEMMA #1
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT ARE THE FOLLOWING:
➢ A test with thirty-one multiple-choice questions with answers and page numbers. The test is a separate PDF in the zip file.
➢ Some basic information on the Hero’s Journey.
➢ Story Plot Graph with eight points to be completed by the students. This is in the unit itself and a separate PDF in the zip file.
➢ Thirteen essay questions that require higher order thinking and critical reasoning. They vary as to difficulty - for instance, one question speaks of hope, fear, and trust and asks students to think of examples in their own lives while another question calls for a comparison between an expressed idea in LIFE OF PI to a line from MACBETH. These questions are in the unit itself and a separate PDF in the zip file.
➢There are three slides that introduce the novel in a fun and entertaining way.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.9-10.2 Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze in detail its development over the course of the text, including how it emerges and is shaped and refined by specific details; provide an objective summary of the text.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.9-10.3 Analyze how complex characters (e.g., those with multiple or conflicting motivations) develop over the course of a text, interact with other characters, and advance the plot or develop the theme.
THIS UNIT HAS BEEN ENTIRELY REDONE AND IS NO LONGER A COMBINATION OF THE OTHER THREE UNITS AS IT CONTAINS MUCH MORE THAN THE PREVIOUS UNIT
If you are interested in my unit on the film only please see the following:
Life of Pi - film unit
LIFE OF PI HAS A LEXILE MEASURE OF 830 SO IT IS A GOOD CHOICE FOR GRADES 8 AND UP. ALL OF MY UNITS ON THE LIFE OF PI INCLUDE BASIC QUESTIONS (MULTIPLE-CHOICE) BUT THE DISCUSSION QUESTIONS ARE QUITE ADVANCED AND CHALLENGING SO THIS RESOURCE ALLOWS FOR DIFFERENTIATED LEARNING.
• Boy in the Striped Pajamas (THREE UNITS COMBINED - BOOK AND FILM)
• TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: BUNDLE (Google Classroom, Daily Dilemma, Analytical Q)
• The Little Prince (Google Classroom Interactive Component)
Copyright © 2015, jellycat-in-the-snow productions
All rights reserved by author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only
Keywords: ELA, Literature; essay questions; CCSS; study guide; novel study; common core
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License