Westward Ho! This resource teaches students about choices and hardships that pioneers faced on the Oregon Trail. Students will:
- Create a family and identify their reasons for heading west
- Sort items that pioneers would want and need
- Make important choices about what to take when packing their wagon
- Roll a die and read cards to determine their fate as they move west
- Journal about their experiences on the trail
There are a variety of options for using this resource in your classroom. It can be used as a series of lessons, with groups attempting to move ahead on the trail daily. It can be used as one whole class lesson. It can also be played as a game in partners or groups.
Please leave feedback!