Thank you for your interest in Lifesavers: Last-Minute Language Arts Lesson Plan Worksheets for Grades 5-8.
Why is the packet called Lifesavers? Simply put, these little worksheets are ready-made to slide into a lesson plan at a moment’s notice.
Let’s imagine you need to leave lesson plan worksheets in a hurry for a substitute teacher about synonyms and antonyms. You will find them on pages 10 and 14 respectively.
You might wish for students to review concepts like similes, metaphors, and personification. Find these worksheets on pages 40, 44, and 48 respectively.
In addition to the worksheets, I have included answer keys for easier, time-efficient grading and a (hopefully) handy table-of-contents page to find worksheets quickly.
These lifesavers have helped me out in a number of situations over the years including the two preceding scenarios. Please let me know how you use it in your learning environment.
The packet includes the following language arts worksheets and answer keys
Roomies: An Icebreaker
Dictionary Challenge #1
Dictionary Challenge #2
"To, Too, Two"
"There, They're, Their"
Commonly Confused Words
The Five Senses
Language Arts Game: Winter
Language Arts Game: Tropical
Language Arts Game: Spring
Language Arts Game: Halloween
Language Arts Game: Basketball
If you like this packet, please consider the following educational resources available in my store:
1. 25 Prompts for Narrative and Descriptive Writing - Common Core-aligned
2. Twitter Tales: Writing Haiku, Micropoems & Short Fiction in 140 Characters
3. The Hunger Games RAFT Writing Project + Rubric + Edublogs Blogging Tutorial
4. 27 Websites for Locating Primary Sources
5. 25 Interactive Web Sites for Virtual Field Trips
6. 50+ Links to FREE Informational Texts for Middle & High School Grades
7. Evaluating Sources for Credibility Lesson Plan + PowerPoint + Student Activities
8. Five Senses Activity Use Starlight Mints to Teach Powerful Adjectives
9. Understanding Plagiarism: Lesson Plan + PowerPoint + Student Activities
10. The Hunger Games RAFT Writing Project + Rubric + Edublogs Blogging Tutorial
Lifesavers: Last-Minute Language Arts Lesson Plan Worksheets for Grades 5-8
by Christopher Mitchell
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License