Light – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to light terminology (prism, electromagnetic spectrum, reflection, refraction, transparent, translucent, and opaque).
• Sources of light discussed.
• Isaac Newton and prisms.
• Wavelengths of light.
• Convex and concave lenses.
• Basic anatomy and functions of the eye (pupil, cornea, retina, lens, optic nerve, and iris).
• How reflection works.
• Convex and concave mirrors.
• The law of reflection introduced.
• Transparent, translucent, and opaque objects.
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are outgoing rays, electromagnetic spectrum, convex lens, transparent, refraction, concave lens, prism, reflection, incoming rays, translucent, and opaque.
• Activity two has students identifying basic parts and functions of the eye. Included in the matching activity are pupil, iris, cornea, lens, retina, and optic nerve.