Light – A Third Grade SmartBoard Introduction is a 3rd grade level SmartBoard instructional presentation.
This lesson focuses on light. The lesson includes:
• Terminology (light, opaque, reflect, and refract).
• What is light? Light pathways. Opaque objects explained.
• Understanding reflection.
• Refraction explained and how it might be helpful..
• How colors are seen and prisms.
Also included are 2 SmartBoard activities that are also available in PDF form for individual work/assignment.
• Students will place the Sun in the correct spots on five pictures to show their understanding on light location with regard to shadows.
• Students will be able to sort and move 5 pictures, terms, and definitions related to light into correct groupings.