Light & Brights: Hold It! A System for Reserving Library books was created to help students put holds on library books independtly because popular books often fly off the shelves causing students to wonder if they'll ever get a chance to read them. This system will allow students to place a hold on a book to eliminate getting popular books simply because of luck. Teach this procedure to your students at the beginning of the year to create an easy system to handle popular books.
• Students fill out a book request form.
• Students leave it in the slot for you.
• You enter the hold into Destiny (or your online catalog) at a time that's convenient
• Place the student form inside the book and place the book in the "Pick Up" basket.
• Email the teacher that the book is ready to be picked up.
• The student gets the book from the bin and checks it out like he normally would.
I have included 3 different size signs 4x6, 5x7, and 8x10 that can be used in plastic frames or laminated. There are also 3 different forms you can choose from for the students to fill out with slightly different information required and lingo. You can read more about it on my blog Storybook Endings
If you like this Light & Brights set, please check out the coordinating sets below:
♦ Light and Brights: Welcome Pennant
♦ Light & Brights: Book Care Posters
♦ Light & Brights: Genre Posters
Do you prefer the chalkboard look? Check out my Chalkboard Brights selection.
★ Chalkboard Brights Welcome Pennant
★ Chalkboard Brights: Book Care Posters
★ Chalkboard Brights: Genre Posters
★ Chalkboard Brights: Hold It! A System for Reserving Library Books
Are you looking for an entire decor package for you library?
Thank you for shopping in my store!