Video Overview of Light & Sound Task Cards --> HERE
In this download you will find 20 task cards that can be used during your study of light and sound. These task cards work well with the Next Generation Science standards, and also with the Project Lead the Way (PLTW) 1st grade module, "Light and Sound."
SUGGESTIONS FOR USE:
- Print out the Task Cards on cardstock and laminate (for future use).
- Provide students with the materials needed for each task card (many of which can be found in the PLTW "Light and Sound" module).
- Allow students time to explore light and sound through the use of the task cards. This could be done in small groups, with parent volunteers, or independently.
MATERIALS NEEDED (not included with purchase):
- Rubber bands and box
- Tuning fork
- Plastic cups and string
- Water bottle (metal or plastic)
- Instruments (maracas, tambourine, xylophone)
- Flashlights (about 10)
- Mirror (handheld)
- Slinky (metal)
- Transparent plastic tiles (red, blue, green, yellow)
- Wax Paper
The purpose of the task cards is to provide students with time to explore and experiment with light and sound on their own. That being said, you know your students better than anyone else, so scaffold this activity as much as you think necessary. Remind students how to handle the items, especially the flashlights. Students should not shine flashlights in their own eyes or the eyes of their classmates.
Placing parent volunteers at specific activities or grouping the cards together for small group use are both excellent ways to use the cards.
Stay up-to-date on NEW resources from Love-Fleck EdTech
- Teachers Pay Teachers:
- Join the “Love-Fleck EdTech” Newsletter!!