You will receive the following resources for this unit:
1) Sound Overview power point with Sound Overview power point companion worksheet (key included)
2) Pitch Perfect Hands On Activity Centers (key & worksheet included)
3) Transparent, Translucent, Opaque Tri-fold Graphic Organizer (key & worksheet included)
4) Light Refraction Hands On Activity (key & worksheet included)
5) Mirror, Mirror Hands On Reflection Activity (key & worksheet included)
6) Concave vs. Convex Lenses Hands On Activities (key & worksheet included)
7) Light & Sound RAFT Writing Activity with Rubric
8) Sound Review (key & worksheet included)
9) Light Review (key & worksheet included)
10) Sound & Light Classroom Quiz Bowl power point (like Jeopardy ™) Review
11) Sound Quiz (key & worksheet included)
12) Light Quiz (key & worksheet included)
These resources in conjunction with your science text will help you cover the following Georgia standards on the Light & Sound Unit:
S4P1. Students will investigate the nature of light using tools such as mirrors, lenses, and prisms.
b. Investigate the reflection of light using a mirror and a light source.
c.Identify the physical attributes of a convex lens, a concave lens, and a prism and where each is used.
S4P2. Students will demonstrate how sound is produced by vibrating objects and how sound can be varied by changing the rate of vibration.
b. Recognize the conditions that cause pitch to vary.