This is a great supplement to a study on light and optics! Included in this 71-page packet are 12 activities to reinforce key terms that are introduced throughout this unit of study:
• Vocab Map Booklet Template - a booklet that students put together to keep all of their vocabulary words in one place. Uses the vocabulary map concept, which includes a place for writing the definition, drawing a picture, providing an example, and a place for students to come up with their own "helpful hint" to remember the words
• Interactive Diagrams (7) - these quick review sheets help students summarize their learning through interactive diagrams that they complete. Concepts covered include refraction, reflection, concave/convex lenses and mirrors, translucent, transparent, opaque, farsighted/nearsighted, how the eye works, and corrective lenses. Answer keys for all 7 interactive diagrams are included.
• Crossword Puzzles (2), covering Light/Color and Mirrors/Optics
• Light-O! A Light Bingo Game
• Vocab Match-Up - A Memory/Matching Game
Terms reviewed in this packet include:
Energy, radiant energy, luminous, transparent, translucent, opaque, reflection, transmission, absorption, refraction, visible spectrum, convex mirror, concave mirror, plane mirror, convex lens, concave lens, nearsighted, farsighted, diverge, converge, white light, ROY G BIV, retina, pupil, iris, lens, and optic nerve.
A list of these vocabulary words and their definitions are also included in the pack.
Please make sure you understand that this is intended as a supplement and is NOT a complete unit and does not included lesson plans. This will accompany the lessons that you teach on light in your classroom.
Please ask if you have any questions. Thank you!