A fun sight word card game that works on reading accuracy and fluency!! Targeted for first grade. Can be used across grade levels for RTI or to challenge or enrich younger grades. Total of 104 playing cards.
*HOW TO PLAY!
--# of players: up to 4
--Goal: end up with the most cards!
1. Students sit in a circle.
2. Turn cards upside down.
3. Students take turns choosing one card at a time.
4. Once student picks a card, he/she has to read it correctly the first time. Other students help determine if it was said correctly or not.
5. If a student gets the word correct, then they get to keep it. If not, then they have to turn it back upside down and mix it back into the main pile.
6. If a student chooses a card and gets, "Lightning!" then he/she has to put all of his/her cards back into the main pile. Mix cards up. --------This is my favorite part of the game! It especially helps students who lack confidence because it levels the playing field. ANYONE could lose ALL cards at ANY moment!..... AND it keeps the game going on, well, forever... or until the teacher decides it's over :)
I use this in my classroom, and it is one of my students' favorite center activities! Makes learning fun!!