This unit centres around the fantastic book 'Lightning Jack' by Glenda Millard & Patricia Mullins and covers Bushrangers and the Gold Rush.
The unit includes these activities;
* 20 Word Wall Cards
* Lightning Jack comprehension activity
* Lightning Jack: A poetry study
* Write a story about your own 'Lightning Jack'
* Create a page for the class 'Lightning Jack' book (illustrations)
* Your Ned Kelly's horse. Write a story about a day in your life
* Perform a scene from Lightning Jack
* Who, what, are Bushrangers? Videos
* KWL chart for bushrangers
* Create a wanted poster for bushranger of your choice
* Create a profile of bushranger of your choice
* Create a time line of a bushranger of your choice. Outline ages and crimes committed.
* Design and make a new helmet for Ned Kelly
* Write a song about Ned Kelly or bushrangers
* Create an artwork depicting your bushranger
* Make up your own bushranger.
* Create a diorama depicting bush rangers
* Gold Rush Information Report
* Mapping where Gold Mines were found on a map
* Life on the gold mines
* What is gold? and how do we find it?
* Gold Nugget making & gold panning
* Gold Games
* Extension Challengers
All Australian Curriculum outcomes are included as well as teacher notes for implementing the unit. There are also graphic organisers included.
Visit my blog missdanielsadventures.blogspt.com for more ideas.