Not enough time in your day to teach Social Studies?
Social Studies Pop-Ups help you fit it all in! These units integrate specific social studies concepts, close reading, comprehension activities, mentor sentences, and more! Your students will L-O-V-E the mentor texts for each week and your days will move seamlessly from literacy to content area instruction.
This unit centers on the mentor text, by Jonah Winter and Shane Evans. Within this unit you will find:
- 5 days of mentor sentence lessons and activities
- differentiated language arts skill pages (focus: capitalization)
- an original informational close reading passage (The Constituition, Amendments, and Voting Rights)
- 6 differentiated comprehension and vocabulary activities connected to the close reading passage
- a small group game to reinforce the week's grammar skill (proper nouns)
- assessments for language arts (proper nouns) and close reading
If you have any questions prior to purchasing, please don't hesitate to ask via the Q&A tab, OR you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org !
If you'd like to see more Social Studies PopUps, check out:
If you're looking for a more grammar targeted resource for proper nouns, be sure to check out: