Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes is a classic that students enjoy because they can relate to Lilly and her struggles.
This book study contains activities focusing on ELA Common Core
Performance Standards and includes the following activities:
1, Story anchor charts
2. Vocabulary cards for word walls.
3. Story elements map
4. Character feelings graphic organizer
5. “Looking at Lilly” Character flipbook
6. Story comprehension questions and answers.
7. “Lilly” character analysis
8. “Mr. Slinger” character analysis
9. Cause and Effect cut and paste activity
10. “Cheese Snacks” recipe with comprehension questions and graphic organizer. (You can really make these!)
11. Comprehension Scoot game with answer sheet.
12. Story Assessment