Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes is a classic that students enjoy because they can relate to Lilly and her struggles.
This book study contains activities focusing on ELA Standards of Excellence for Second grade.
1, Story anchor charts
2. Vocabulary cards for word walls.
3. Story elements map
4. Lilly and Mr. Slinger-- feelings graphic organizer
5. “Looking at Lilly” Character flipbook
6. Character feelings printable
7. Story comprehension questions and answers.
8. “Lilly” character analysis
9. “Mr. Slinger” character analysis
10. Cause and Effect cut and paste activity
11. “Boot’ cut and paste sequencing activity
12. “Cheese Snacks” recipe with comprehension questions and graphic organizer. (You can really make these!)
13. Vocabulary graphic organizer
Comprehension Scoot game with answer sheet.
14. Story Assessment