This pack is intended to be used after reading the book Lily's Chocolate Heart by Kevin Henkes. This pack is filled with activities to help with retelling, sequencing, comprehension questions, positional words, and following directions skills while having a whole lot of fun! There are varying levels of activities to help you differentiate for your learners.
Here is a look at what’s included in this pack
• Vocabulary Cards: Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut apart words or leave as a poster. Preview vocabulary from the story prior to reading and/or review vocabulary after reading the story. Place in writing center, pocket chart, or back with magnetic tape and use on magnetic board/cookie sheet. I have my students pick a card, write it down and draw a picture to illustrate the word.
• Story retelling cards: Print, laminate, and cut out. Give students a picture to hold during the story. When that student’s part is read he/she will hold up the picture. I added extra pictures to accommodate more student participation. Print off as many copies as needed. Print off two copies and play a memory type game. Also can be used with the cut and paste retelling activity to help little ones identify the picture needed.
• Story sequencing: Cut and glue pictures in order of the story.
• Essential Questions: Students can circle or color the correct answer to check comprehension.
• Emergent Reader: A simpler version of the story to encourage retelling by young readers.
• Positional Word Activity: Students cut and glue hearts according to the positional words of: above, under, on, between, and beside on a sheet that incorporates the items in the story.
• Hearts Positional Words Class Activity: Both color and black and white versions are available. Each student is given a heart to place on, under, above, between and
beside themselves or in the classroom. Use to practice naming body parts, too
Follow my store by clicking the green star and blog
to be notified when new products are posted!
New items are discounted 50% for the first 48 hours!