This Beanie Bundle was created around Lima Beans! The activities included in this set provide a nice compliment for plant or springtime themes. Use it as independent or partner work, homework, centers, review, etc.
Lima Bean Bundle includes:
• 1 Plant Project -Students will select a type of plant and they are to do the research on that plant. Project includes:
1 Letter to Parents (editable)
3 Thinking Maps
1 Writing Prompt
2 different rubrics for grading the project.
• 1 Bean Booklet (Students write and illustrate the book according to the prompt…”If My Lima Beans were Magic Beans…”) Students have a lot of fun with this. When they are finished students, cut out their bean-shaped pages and they are stapled together.
• 1 Venn diagram (Students compare and contrast Jelly beans and Lima beans. I assign this page after allowing students to examine both types of beans. It is also a great sensory activity as students feel, smell, and taste the beans. * Be sure to cook the Lima beans before they try tasting them!)
• 1 Writing Prompt (Students complete the prompt…”If I were a Lima Bean…”. There is space provided for students to create a picture of themselves as a bean.
• 1 Plant KWL Chart (Students complete the first two columns before beginning plant exploration lessons. After completing the theme, students revisit their KWL chart and fill in what they learned.)
• 1 A to Z List Activity Page (Students write a word for every letter of the alphabet that pertains to or reminds them of plants. Students can use the list they create as a writing reference.)
• 1 Word Find Activity Sheet (Students will cut out the letters for the word “Lima Bean”. Then they will arrange the letters to create different words and write them on the sheet provided.)
• 1 Booklet Foldable (Students write and illustrate what they have learned about Lima beans.) When complete, students fold it to make a mini book.)
• 1 Lima Log (Students use this page to record observations of their growing lima bean plant.)
• 1 Acrostic Poem Activity (Students create an Acrostic poem using the word “Bean”.)
• Take a look inside a seed! (Students will get a chance to break open a Lima bean. I find it easier to open them after they have been soaked a bit. Review the different parts of a seed with students and then see if they can identify them in a real seed. A teacher page is also provided with the functions of each part. Download the Free Preview to get these 2 page for FREE!)
• 1 Word Search
• 2 pages for Matching Memory Game (Cut out the cards, shuffle them, and place them face down. Students take turns picking two at a time. If they pick a pair of matching pictures, then they keep the cards. Continue until all cards have been paired with their match. Students can play by themselves or with a partner. Bean Theme.)
*** DOWNLOAD FREE PREVIEW (15 pgs.)***