In second grade we begin our plant unit by dissecting a Lima Bean seed and then planting soaked seeds in bags to show how seeds sprout! I made this packet so I could put together an observation journal and activities surrounding this idea. My students absolutely loved the experiment piece of the activity: Will seeds planted in direct sunlight grow quicker or better compared to seeds that are grown without direct sunlight?!
This packet includes:
1. Materials needed for experiment and directions for students
2. Hypothesis sheets: one contains a spot for students to make their predictions for seeds in direct sunlight and seeds not in direct sunlight and the other two are journal sheets for students to write about their predictions and also give supporting reasons! You can use all three or pick one or the other!
3. Journal Covers (one boy version and one girl version)
4. Observation sheets - 2 versions
5. Observation Calendar (up to 25 days of observations)