Limericks - Introduction and Fairy Tale Poetry Activity
3rd - 5th, Homeschool
- Easel Activity
Easel Activity Included
This resource includes a ready-to-use interactive activity students can complete on any device. Easel by TPT is free to use! Learn more.
Also included in
- Themed activities engage third and fourth graders in reading, language, and writing about fairy tales from around the world. They analyze multicultural folktales, learn about nonfiction paragraph structure, identify similes and metaphors, write limericks and plays. Open the preview to take a closerPrice $22.00Original Price $28.00Save $6.00
Limericks are fun! Kids in third, fourth, or fifth grade explore structure with the fanciful verses of Edward Lear. Then they write their own poems to describe popular fairy tale characters.
Open the preview to take a closer look.
Everything you need is included:
- Lesson plans
- Anchor chart (color or black/white)
- What Is a Limerick? instructional sheet
- Structure worksheet
- 15 themed writing sheets
Fifteen fairy-tale themed writing templates let kids write limericks on different topics.
- Beauty and the Beast
- The Emperor’s New Clothes
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- The Goose Girl
- Hansel and Gretel
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- The Little Mermaid
- The Princess and the Pea
- Little Red Riding Hood
- Puss in Boots
- Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White
- The Three Little Pigs
Looking for more? Grab the bundle. A variety of fairy tale-themed activities get kids reading and writing.
Would you like to know when I post more resources? Simply follow me on TpT.
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.