Abraham Lincoln Quote Response Activity
Are you a multi-tasker? If so, you’ll understand why I use this social studies, character education and writing lesson, all wrapped in one!
Included in this set:
1. Full page quote poster
3. Writing response with graphic organizer and sentence frame support.
4. Writing response with graphic organizer, but without supports.
5. Writing response with no supports and room to illustrate a personal connection.
1. Class Discussion - Place the full page poster on chart paper and conduct a class discussion prior to writing.
2. Post-it Ideas - Use 3 colors of post-it notes for students interacting with the three questions found in the graphic organizer.
3. Large Poster - Later, I usually choose 3-4 of the post-its in each category to make a whole-class poster, including the student’s name who suggested the idea. This makes a nice centerpiece on a bulletin board for their final writing.
4. Writing About Character Quotes - Three levels of difficulty are included – 1. With graphic organizer and sentence frame support. 2. With graphic organizer, but without supports. 3. No supports and room to illustrate a personal connection.
5. Mini Posters - The small posters are great for interactive notebooks. Make a web of ideas coming from the mini-poster, use it for the rough draft, or have students make their own ways to interact with the quote.
Thank you for choosing Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley
Your students may enjoy these complementing items from my Harriet Tubman and Civil War Units:
1. Harriet Tubman BUNDLE Over ten dollars of Harriet Tubman activities for only $7
2. Harriet Tubman Vocabulary PowerPoint FREEBIE
3. Harriet Tubman Vocabulary Matching Quizzes
4. Harriet Tubman Word Wall Variations
5. Harriet Tubman Reading Test
6. Harriet Tubman Read Roll Graph
1. Civil War 4 Types of Sentences
2. Civil War Dictionary Game
3. Civil War Unit Folder
4. Civil War Main Idea Task Card and Scoot Game