Line Plot Activities using Fractions contains 7 common core aligned line plot measuring sets. The components of this package may be used for whole group instruction, small group instruction, math centers, and assessments. There are a total of 84 colorful glitter measurement cards (available in black & white) with 12 cards in each set. During math centers, students find the measurement of each card using the inch ruler printed on the card. Each picture on the measurement card is between ¼ and 1 inch. Next, students will record each lengths from each card on a line plot. Then, they will analyze the line plot they create to answer 4 task card questions. The answers to the measurement cards are presented in a data table along with a blank line plot in the assessment section. During whole class instruction, these pages may be displayed on an interactive whiteboard or projector. These pages may also be used as assessments.
This package contains 7 sets. Each set includes: 12 measurement cards (available in color or black & white), make a line plot printable, 4 task cards, 1 assessment, and an answer key.
Download the preview to get a closer look!
The 7 sets include:
-Hot Air Balloon Set
-Rainy Day Set
-Clown Closet Set
-Ice Cream Set
Click here for more line plot resources!
• Print Setup: Select Landscape and Shrink Oversized Pages. For extra thickness, print cards on card stock. Print colored cards on white card stock. Print black & white cards on colored card stock. Color coding sets will help keep cards from getting mixed up with the wrong set.
• If you plan to laminate the materials for use in math centers, laminate them prior to cutting them out so that you only have to cut once.
• Each set has a full page Make a Line Plot sheet which may be laminated or placed in a clear report covers so students may write on them with dry erase markers. Each set also contains a sheet with four Make a Line Plots to a page which may be copied. Students may write on this smaller version for: informal assessment, grades, or other documentation.
• The answers to the measurement cards are presented in a data table along with a blank line plot in the assessment section.
• Introduce the concept whole group or small group. To introduce the concept whole group, display one or more of the assessments on an interactive whiteboard or projector. Using a set of measurement cards, follow the math center direction to introduce the concept in small group.
You may also like the following Fraction resources:
Fractions: 3 Grade Bundle
Fractions: Comparing Fractions Printables
Fractions: Fraction Centers
Fractions: Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers Snowball Fight
Fractions: Common Core Fraction Lesson
Fractions: Fraction Picture Cards
Fractions: Measuring Inches Snowball Fight
Fractions: Fraction & Decimal Zombie Task Cards
Fractions: Fraction Cootie Catchers
Fractions: Comparing Fractions 3rd grade
Fractions: Comparing Fractions
Fractions: Fraction Teaching Slides and Printables
Fractions: Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers Roll and Color Bears
Fractions: Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers Roll and Color Spiders
Fractions: Fractions on a Line Plot
Fractions: Visual Number Line
Fractions: Capacity Fractions of Ounces and Cups
Fractions: Ordering Decimals
Fractions: Spanish and English Fraction Picture Cards