LINEAR CALENDAR FOR PRESCHOOL
Linear Calendars are the perfect way to introduce time language to preschoolers. It allows them to understand the pattern of their days between home and school rather than focusing on moving from line to line or on teaching a 7 day week.
INCLUDED IN LINEAR CALENDAR FOR PRESCHOOL:
- 10 home cards (to represent the weekend)
- 10 school cards (to represent the weekdays)
- 12 month cards
- a set of calendar numbers for each month (each month is done in a pattern: August-November are AB patterns, December-March are AAB/ABB patterns, and April-July are AABB patterns)
HOW TO USE LINEAR CALENDAR FOR PRESCHOOL:
*Detailed instructions are included in the first pages.
- Numbers are displayed in a line verses a calendar format. The month is at the top with the dates in a line below.
- The home and school cards are directly below the dates. This helps students learn the pattern of their weeks (2 days at home, 5 days at school).
- You will start each month with the month and the school/home cards displayed.
- Each day you will add the new date. This is the perfect opportunity to practice counting (count to see what number comes next), and introduce patterns (let students guess what picture will be next before putting up the date).
CONNECT WITH ME: