Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.98 MB | 19 pages
Nine data collection activities are included. Each activity has its own worksheet. Students will need access to a graphing calculator. Ideally, the data students collect should best be represented by a linear function, but they will also be asked to complete a quadratic and an exponential regression and choose the best model. They will then use the best model to answer three questions. The nine activities are:
1. Height of ramp (in) vs. distance a matchbox car travels (in)
2. # marbles vs. height of water (mm)
3. # of water drops vs. area of the water mark
4. Length of forearm (cm) vs. height (cm)
5. Height (in) vs. shoe size (females)
6. Height (in) vs. shoe size (males)
7. # people vs. time (sec) it takes to bounce a ball around to each person
8. # knots tied vs. length of rope (cm)
9. # times a tongue twister is said in a row vs. total time (sec)
A materials needed list is also included.
Algebra 1 and 2