Task cards can be a super fun way to engage students in practice and review linear equations
OR use for an assessment of students' understanding of linear equations. One set of cards has linear equation word problems; the other set of cards has solutions to match. Students match the cards through games or math center activities. My students' personal favorite is a scavenger hunt. When my students don't want to leave math class, I know something is going well.
This sampler is a similar to the matching sets available on many middle school math, pre-algebra, algebra 1 and algebra 2
related topics such as:
- Graphing linear equations
- Systems of Equations
- Pythagorean theorem
Multiple ways to use:
- Set up at a math-center
- Host a scavenger hunt
- Play a whole class game
- Play the classic game of concentration
- Individual student practice and review
- Individual student assessment
A great addition to your Algebra and Algebra II review and practice.
Linear Equation resources currently available include:
- Writing linear equations from word problems task card activity
- Linear Equations Graffiti activity
- Linear Equations Math Detective activity
- Linear Equations inquiry activity for introducing linear equations
- Linear Equations Interactive Notebook
- Linear equations snowflake mini-project
- Linear Equations and systems of equations cost of college project
- Linear equation write an equation from a table interactive notebook
- Write a linear equation from a table task card activity
- Write a linear equation from 2 points task card activity
- Solve linear equations task card activity
- Graphing linear equations task card activity
- Multi step linear equation task card activity
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.