Writing Linear Equations - A Coordinate Football Game:
Easy differentiation and options for different grade levels / ability levels!
The game includes options for the teacher:
- Use Card Set A for basic linear equations in Slope-Intercept Form, or...
- Use Card Set B for y-intercepts that are not integers (Students must use Point-Slope Form on these cards).... or...
- Mix the two decks together for a variety
- Worksheet 1 if you want your students to only write equations in Slope-Intercept Form
- Worksheet 2 if you want them to find and record the Slope-Intercept Form and Point-Slope Form
This is a two-player game. A new "football play" card is drawn for each turn. The offensive player decides which of two points on the coordinate plane to pass the ball. The defensive player decides which of two defenders will attempt a tackle. A player scores by writing the equation for the line of the pass correctly....as long as the defender did not accurately make a tackle at the same point.
Check out the preview file or this video
for more detail.
You might also like...
Algebra 1 Super Bundle
Slope & Linear Equations: "Choose Your Own Journey" Book
Coordinate PLANES: Paper Airplanes from Graphing Linear Equations