Thirty problems include practice to identify the point and slope of a linear equation in point-slope form and to determine if the line of the graph is increasing or decreasing from left to right.
Half of the students stand shoulder-to-shoulder facing one direction. The other half of the students stand should-to-shoulder with each other face-to-face with the first group of students so partners are facing each other in a long row. Some teachers prefer to have an inner circle of students facing an outer circle of students. Either way will work as long as each student has a partner.
Each student has one Quiz Quiz Trade card to show to the facing partner. The answer is on the back of the card so the student can tell the partner if the answer is correct or can coach the partner if they make a mistake. Both partners take turns quizzing the other, then the two students trade cards.
Once each set of partners appears to be finished quizzing and trading cards, both lines of students take one step to the right to meet a new partner. Students on the right end of each line should wrap around to the other row.
Students go through the process with their new partner to quiz each other, then trade cards. This process repeats until students seem to have mastered the questions and finish quickly. If there is an odd number of students, the teacher can step in as a partner.
This is a great large-group activity to use when first learning the new skill. The cards can also be used by an individual student or a small group as a review.
The answer key is built into the activity so students check each other for accuracy.
Print each page of quiz-quiz-trade cards back-to-back with the corresponding page of answer cards on cardstock or heavy paper. For example, print the page with cards numbered 1 – 6 back-to-back with the answer page also numbered 1 – 6.
Cut along dotted lines to create individual cards.
Included in the package:
Thirty (30) problems with answers to print on the back
You might also like:
• Find Slope & Y-Intercept Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Find Slope & Write Linear Equations Given Two Points Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Rewrite Linear Equations Into Slope-Intercept Form & Standard Form Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Point-Slope, Slope-Intercept & Standard Form Sum It Up Activity (8 stations)
• Parallel & Perpendicular Lines Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
• Solve Linear Equations With Variables On Both Sides Relay Activities (6 rounds)
• Write Linear Equations From Graphs Quiz Quiz Trade Activity (30 problems)
• Write Linear Equations From Context Problem Pass Activity (6 problems)
• Write Linear Equations In Context & Mixed Review Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Find Slope From Graphs Quiz Quiz Trade Activity (30 problems)
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.