Linear equations make more sense when students start with this Introduction to Linear Equations Inquiry Activity
. This activity works well before formal note taking on linear equations. Students create designs that increase sequentially using manipulatives. Students graph and analyze the data and then create an equation. This introduction focuses on common core concept: 8.EE.C.7.
This activity works well before Linear Equations: Introduction to Linear Equations Notes and Card Sort for INBs
and Write a Linear Equation from a Table Notes and Practice (8.F.A.2.)
Save by purchasing as part of a bundle of activities:
- Just activities: Algebra 1: Algebra 1 Activities Bundle for centers and more(SAVE 30%+)
- All about Algebra 1: Algebra 1 Ultimate Teacher Resource Bundle
Linear Equation resources currently available include:
- Writing linear equations from word problems task card activity
- Linear Equations Graffiti activity
- Linear Equations Math Detective activity
- Linear Equations inquiry activity for introducing linear equations
- Linear Equations Interactive Notebook
- Linear equations snowflake mini-project
- Linear Equations and systems of equations cost of college project
- Linear equation write an equation from a table interactive notebook
- Write a linear equation from a table task card activity
- Write a linear equation from 2 points task card activity
- Solve linear equations task card activity
- Graphing linear equations task card activity
- Multi step linear equation task card activity
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Math)
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.