Linear Function Scoot - Get your students up and moving with this fast paced, engaging math activity. Scoot is a whole class game where students rotate between desks and do a task at each desk. Aligned with 8th grade Common Core Skills, but works very well with 7th grade and Algebra 1 as well. Download the free preview to take a peek at the directions and Scoot cards!
36 tasks that provide students with an opportunity to:
* Calculate slope from a set of ordered pairs
* Calculate slope from a table of values
* Calculate slope from a graph
* Determine slope and y-intercept from an equation
* Write the equation of a line from a graph
* Write the equation of a line from a table of values
* Determine when slope = zero and when slope is undefined.
* Determine if a relation is a function and why
* Sketch a line of a graph given an equation
* Complete a table of values
* Interpret slope
* Determine the meaning of an ordered pair based on a graph
* Solve real-world word problems
Recording sheet is provided. All cards are numbered and answer keys are provided.
These cards also make great centers, task cards, and posters for "Around the Room"
The prep work for Scoot! is to print and cut the cards out. Then place one card on each desk. Print one answer sheet per student. Detailed instructions are provided for Scoot! and Around the Room.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my product. If you choose to purchase this product, your rating with earn you TpT credits that your can use toward other purchases! :)