This purchase includes nine PowerPoint lessons (143 slides) on Linear Functions. The PowerPoints may be used for classroom instruction and the pages may be used as printables. Some of the lessons include brief video tutorials. The lessons are designed for 9th grade/Algebra I students.
• Lesson #1 - y = mx + b
• Lesson #2 – Graphing linear equations
• Lesson #3 – Slope
• Lesson #4 – Linear equations on a graph
• Lesson #5 – Point Slope Form
• Lesson #6 – Standard Form
• Lesson #7 – Linear vs Non Linear Functions
• Lesson #8 – Rate of Change in the Real World
• Lesson #9 – Linear Functions Practice Problems
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSF-IF.B.6 Calculate and interpret the average rate of change of a function (presented symbolically or as a table) over a specified interval. Estimate the rate of change from a graph.★
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSF-IF.C.7 Graph functions expressed symbolically and show key features of the graph, by hand in simple cases and using technology for more complicated cases.★
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSF-IF.C.7a Graph linear and quadratic functions and show intercepts, maxima, and minima.
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSF-IF.A.3 Recognize that sequences are functions, sometimes defined recursively, whose domain is a subset of the integers. For example, the Fibonacci sequence is defined recursively by f(0) = f(1) = 1, f(n+1) = f(n) + f(n-1) for n ≥ 1.
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSF-LE.A.1 Distinguish between situations that can be modeled with linear functions and with exponential functions.
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSF-LE.A.1a Prove that linear functions grow by equal differences over equal intervals, and that exponential functions grow by equal factors over equal intervals.
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSF-LE.A.1b Recognize situations in which one quantity changes at a constant rate per unit interval relative to another.
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSF-LE.A.2 Construct linear and exponential functions, including arithmetic and geometric sequences, given a graph, a description of a relationship, or two input-output pairs (include reading these from a table).
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSF-LE.B.5 Interpret the parameters in a linear or exponential function in terms of a context.
• CCSS.Math.Content.HSS-ID.C.7 Interpret the slope (rate of change) and the intercept (constant term) of a linear model in the context of the data.
PowerPoint Length – 143 Slides
Answer Key - Included