In this unit students will learn about the links between equations and graphs. They will plot graphs of horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines. They will learn how to find the gradient and the equation of straight line graphs, in the forms y = mx + c and ax + by = c, and they will learn the special rules for gradients of parallel and perpendicular lines.
ABOUT THIS RESOURCE PACK:
This pack is designed to provide teachers with complete lesson plans and classroom resources to teach excellent lessons. It is designed to both teach the mathematical content and draw students into deeper consideration of its implications, including mathematical reasoning and problem solving skills.
THE PACK CONTAINS:
9 Lesson Plans: Full ready-to-use lesson plans on the following topics:
- Equations of Horizontal & Vertical Lines
- Plotting Straight Line Graphs
- Equations of Straight Lines
- Sketching Straight Line Graphs
- Equations of Lines from Points
- Graphs & Equations of the Form ax + by = c
- Interpreting Straight Line Graphs
- Equations of Parallel & Perpendicular Lines
Lesson Resources: A variety of additional resources to accompany the lesson plans, including student worksheets and aids for students needing extra support.
3 Homework Activities: Further activities to give students to complete at home.
Assessment: A series of questions to enable you to assess the progress of students in this unit of work.