This activity can be used with a middle school or high school level algebra class. You can use the graphing activity by itself or extend the activity and have the students write linear equations as well!
Directions for Graphing Picture Activity:
• Print off Student Graph sheet.
• Have students plot the points on slips provided and connect them with a line IN THE ORDER PLOTTED. (The first point is graphed for them.)
• Check the picture once the students have completed their graphing before allowing them to progress further with the activity. (Answer key is included)
Directions for Linear Equations Assignment:
• Students calculate the linear equation in slope-intercept form of each line drawn between the points. (May use Student Work Sheet provided or save paper by having them use their own!)
• Students label the equation of the line on the picture where it occurs.
*Bonus Activity: COLOR!