This lesson is part of my Quadratic Functions Unit
This lesson includes 3 pages of guided notes and a 2 page assignment.
Students learn about linear quadratic systems in the order below. They will:
- Recall what it means to be a “solution” to a system
- Solve 3 systems using provided graphs, then algebraically (GCF factoring, trinomial a=1, GCF trinomial a=1)
- Solve 2 systems using graphing technology, then algebraically (trinomial a>1, quadratic formula)
- Solve a final system using a provided graph, then algebraically (quadratic formula with no solution)
* Students will see all cases in this lesson: 0, 1, or 2 solutions.
Answer key is included!