- This bundle is a great addition to any Algebra curriculum! It includes activities from the following product lines:Name That Function: activities that help students critically think about graphs and their characteristics.Battle My Math Ship: a fun activity to keep students engaged in practicing thei$60.00$100.00Save $40.00
Students will analyze systems of equations in the real world.
Note to Teacher
Project Handout (PDF file & 100% Editable PPT file)
- Part A & B: (2 versions for differentiation) Students research the growth of a tree and write an equation to represent the growth. Then, they determine when their tree will be the same height as my tree, which was planted five years ago. They find their solution using the substitution or elimination method.
- Part C: Create a graph to show the system.
- Part D: Analyze the results.
- Part E: Create a visual of the tree and some facts about the tree.
Answer Key: All 40 scenarios for the different growth rates has been calculated, including the possible solutions. Answers to all the analytical questions.
Rubric (PPT file): 100% editable
Student Sign-Up Sheet: Excel sheet for students to choose their tree and the growth rate
Example Visual (PDF file): An example of Part E to show students.
Check out the PREVIEW to see what skills are covered and more details of this fun project!!!
Learn more about Algebra and Beyond's resources:
© Algebra and Beyond 2019
This product is intended for personal use in one classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses.