Looking for an engaging way to get your PreCalculus or Trigonometry students solving linear and angular velocity word problems? This coloring activity includes 12 test-prep questions designed to help your students master calculating linear and angular speed in real-world contexts.
Problem types include:
• Finding linear and angular speed (8 questions)
• Comparing linear speeds (1 question)
• Comparing angular speeds (1 question)
• Finding angular speed given linear speed (1 question)
• Given that two wheels are connected by a belt and that one wheel completes a certain number of revolutions per minute, find the linear speed, angular speed, and rpm of the other wheel (1 question)
Some problems require the use of dimensional analysis. For a free conversion factors reference sheet click here
This no-prep resource includes directions, a three-page student worksheet, a coloring page, and a worked-out answer key. Check out the preview to see all the questions in this activity!
This activity aligns perfectly with my Triangular and Circular Trigonometric Functions Unit. Click here to check it out!!