Need a review activity to do with your students before Winter Break? Use this Linears Snowflake activity to keep your students working even when they are anticipating Winter Break! Your students can practice writing 24 linear equations while making a snowflake for Winter fun!
*NO PREP NEEDED other than making copies! The snowflake pieces can be cut out by the students themselves!
Directions for Set-Up:
• Print off enough sets of feathers and turkeys for each student/pair you will have.
Directions for Activity:
• Students cut out pieces.
• Students pick a piece.
• Students write a linear equation with the given information on the student work sheet.
• Students find answer to that piece on the snowflake and glue it down. (Have them color it if you’d like for more fun!)
Directions for Grading:
• Check student work sheet with answer key to ensure answers are correct and work was completed.
Paper Saving Tips:
• Print off just enough pieces and snowflake outlines for the amount of pairs you will have in your biggest class. Do NOT have students glue the pieces down on the snowflakes. Instead, reuse the sets for your next class/year!
• Also, have students use their own paper for their work instead of printing off the Student Work Sheet.