Use "Link & Think" digital learning guides in your classroom to spark active thinking in your classroom.
Take your students on a virtual voyage to the new world with this digital learning guide!
In this interactive learning guide, your students will learn about the voyages of 9 different European explorers during the Age of Exploration.
These explorers include:
* Christopher Columbus
* John Cabot
* Juan Ponce de Leon
* Vasco Nunez de Balboa
* Giovanni da Verrazzano
* Jacques Cartier
* Hernando de Soto
* Samuel de Champlain
* Henry Hudson
For each explorer students will learn:
1) Background information - Student will learn when/where the explorer was born, what country he sailed for, and other important information leading up to their voyages.
2) Voyage Goals - Students will learn reasons why each explorer was sent on their voyage and what they hoped to accomplish.
3) Voyage Journey - Students will enjoy the graphic novel-like narrative of the voyage journey. Each explorer "speaks" to the students through speech bubbles in kid-friendly language to tell about their voyage experiences.
4) Voyage Results - Students will learn what the explorer accomplished (and didn't accomplish) on their voyages.
In addition, while using the digital learning guide students will complete a flipbook to highlight the information that they learned in the guide.
This guide can be used as a whole class by projecting the guide on a SMARTBoard or white board, or even as individuals by using personal tablets, iPads, chrome books...etc.
In this download you will receive:
1) A teacher guide for using this resource - video tutorial included!
2) A kid-friendly 58-page interactive, digital learning guide provided in PDF formatting as well as google slides. The guide is loaded with hyperlinks to allow students to easily navigate around the guide by clicking on different images and text.
3) A QR code/link student card to help students access the learning guide easily on any digital device
4) A student flipbook with pages to record important information about each explorer
Need a complete unit on European explores (that INCLUDES this digital learning guide and flipbook)? Click HERE!
Note: Do NOT purchase this resource if you already own my European Explorers unit, as it already includes this guide and flipbook
You may also like: