Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Use "Link & Think" digital learning guides in your classroom to spark active thinking in your classroom.
Make poetry come alive with this digital learning guide and student flip book!
In this interactive learning guide, your students will:
1) Learn the Parts of a Poem - including title, verse, stanza, space between stanzas)
2) Explore Types of Poetry types of poems include: ballad, limerick, haiku, cinquain, shape, acrostic, bio, diamante, couplet, free verse - students will learn a definition and read an example of each kind of poem
3) Explore Poetry Elements - elements include: simile, metaphor, personification, onomatopoeia, hyperbole, alliteration, tone, symbolism, imagery, rhyme - students will learn a definition and read several examples of each poetry element
4) Read Several Kid-Friendly Poems - students will be prompted to use different voices to convey the poem's meaning and tone, as well as be prompted to think critically about each poem
5) Write Their Own Poetry - modeling after what they learn in the digital learning guide, students will be prompted to write their own poetry
6) Explore Several Poetry Books - using books that you have in your classroom, school, or local libraries students will complete a "search and find" scavenger hunt where they look for poetry elements in the poems that they read.
7) Explore Outside Poetry Websites - the digital learning guide links out to kid-friendly websites where they can explore other poems written by kids, read poems by famous children's poets, and even play with online "magnetic" poetry!
In addition, while using the digital learning guide students will complete a flipbook to highlight the information that they learned in the guide.
This guide can be used as a whole class by projecting the guide on a SMARTBoard or white board, or even as individuals by using personal tablets, iPads, chrome books...etc.
In this download you will receive:
1) A teacher guide for using this resource - video tutorial included
2) A kid-friendly 37-page interactive, digital learning guide provided in PDF formatting as well as google slides. The guide is loaded with hyperlinks to allow students to easily navigate around the guide by clicking on different images and text.
3) A QR code/link student card to help students access the learning guide easily on any digital device
4) A student flipbook with pages to record important information about poetry as they learn from the digital learning guide.
Looking for additional poetry resources? Check these out:
You may also like: