Lino Printing: Portraits
The self-portrait has held fascination with artists through centuries because of the way it allows us to express who we are and how we feel. Following an exploration of the purpose and techniques of portrait painting, students will develop an abstract self portrait in the style of Pablo Picasso, to be lino printed onto fabric and hand coloured using a symbolic colour scheme. The final piece will be constructed into a cushion. This project was delivered over two one hour lessons over a 10 week term.
This Product Includes:
- Project Plan (1 page)
- Marking Feedback Sheet (1 page)
- Student PowerPoint Presentation: Picasso (11 slides)
- Student Handout: Picasso Investigation Task (1 page)
- Student PowerPoint Presentation: How to Lino Print (12 slides)
- Student Handout: Self Evaluation Sheet (1 sheet)
- Teacher example of good practice (7 images)
- Student examples of good practice (8 images)
- For clip art, you may use them as clip art, website graphics, binder covers, or even bulletin board decorations.
- Use this in creative ways! Explore and have as much fun with it as you would like
- Buy additional licensing for school use.
You may not:
- Share this product with other teachers, administration or districts. -Admin can buy additional licensing.
- Sell this product or give it out for free or photocopy it for others.
For more Visual Arts projects and to follow my store,
Have a great day!