Looking for a true story that will keep your students reading and talking? Lion by Saroo Brierley is the memoir you need to teach this year! It's a captivating story of a young boy who accidentally falls asleep alone on a train and travels thousands of miles across India, lost from his home and family. Saroo is adopted by an Australian couple and grows up in Tasmania, but at age 30 he begins a search for his home town using Google Earth.
This Activities and Assessments Bundle has everything you need to teach the novel: hands-on activities, graphic organizers, and both formative and summative assessments. Both PDF and Editable Word Documents are included, so you can just print, make copies, and start teaching! Answer keys are also included for all objective assignments to make grading easy. This unit can be used while reading the memoir or as a review after students have read the memoir.
This bundle includes:
• Intro Power Point & Student Notes Handout
• Google Earth Web Quest Activity
• Reading Schedule Bookmarks
• 6-Week Mentor Sentence Grammar Unit with Student Handouts & Quiz
• Socratic Seminar Discussion Activity
• Personal Mandala Creative Activity
• Poems About Home Close Reading Activity
• Writing About Home Narrative Poem Assignment
• Reading Strategies Chapter Graphic Organizer
• Common-Core Based Informative Essay Assignment
• Essay Brainstorming, Thesis, and Organizing Activities
• 9-Point AP-Style Essay Rubric
• Objective Unit Test with Answer Key
NOTE: This bundle uses page numbering from the "Movie Tie-In Edition" (ISBN# 978-0-399-58469-5). If you are using a different edition, you may need to change or remove the page numbers on some handouts!
If you like this bundle and are teaching Lion, you may also be interested in my Lion Novel Folder Bundle, which includes 8 separate activities that combine to create an interactive novel folder. (All activities in the Lion Novel Folder Bundle are separate and unique from this bundle!)