Magic Tree House books, by Mary Pope Osborne, rock for early primary teachers and students! I am enjoying using them to teach reading, writing, vocabulary, geography, and science! In Magic Tree House # 11, Jack and Annie travel to Africa in Lions at Lunchtime.
In this unit, you will find:
* Introductory Letter with Giraffe stick puppet
* Vocabulary Word Cards for each chapter
* “The Plains of Africa” research journals
* Chapter by chapter guide for using
* Living Things- Interdependence activity and sequence writing
* African Animal research and writing craftivity
* Extras: writing paper, story map, Book Review
I hope that you find this unit very useful either whole, small group, or both as your students learn with Jack and Annie! Please let me know your thoughts!
I have similar units for Midnight on the Moon, Tigers at Twilight, Pirates Past Noon, Stallion by Starlight, and Eve of the Emperor Penguin at my TPT store if you are interested!
Also, I would love for you to visit my blog: Primary Paws
THANK YOU SO MUCH for previewing!!!