It is important for all of us to study, celebrate, and honor the countless contributions, achievements, and stories of African Americans in our society. This printable is a small way to begin or continue that journey with your students.
This document includes 16 stories honoring and celebrating Black History. Each page has a QR code that takes the students directly to the stories. You can use these printables during mini lessons, literacy centers, Daily 5, listen to reading, etc. Each story has four versions. You can choose the version that works best for you and your students.
Four printable versions:
- Picture and three facts (without lines)
- Picture and three facts (with lines)
- Main idea and details (without lines)
- Main idea and details (with lines)
- I am Martin Luther King Jr.
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- I am Rosa Parks
- I am Jackie Robinson
- Wilma Unlimited
- Duke Ellington
- George Washington Carver
- A Weed is a Flower
- African American Inventors
- Maya Angelou
- Debbie Allen Dancing in the Wings
- Separate is Not Equal
- The Story of Ruby Bridges
- African American Legends
- Henry’s Freedom Box
Want more Listen to Reading printables?
- Differentiated Listen to Reading Printables
- Listen to Reading Main Idea & Details
- Listen to Reading Story Elements
- Listen to Reading Patricia Polacco
Want to organize all of your students' Daily 5 materials?
- Movie Stars Daily 5 Binders
- Arctic Animals Daily 5 Binders
- Jungle Animals Daily 5 Binders
- Dinosaurs Daily 5 Binders
- Dogs Daily 5 Binder