Support your LOWER elementary students as they work on Listen to Reading. Listening to someone else read is fun, builds vocabulary and helps with fluency – yet young readers are easily distracted and need consistent reminders of expected behavior! This sort reinforces the habits strong readers use during Listen to Reading and those that distract from learning. Appropriate to use with any Reading Workshop or Daily 5 classroom. This two-page cut and glue activity comes in two formats - large and small - can be used several ways in your K - 3 classroom:
• With beginning readers, use as a whole group activity on chart paper as an introduction to how listen with audio recording. Post and refer to daily prior to Listen to Reading.
• With emerging readers, use in small groups to re-establish habits and expectations. Work with legal size paper.
• With independent readers, offer support as needed to remind of expectations.
You may also be interested in these other LOWER elementary Daily 5 Habit Sorts:
Read to Self Habit Sort LOWER elementary version
Read with Someone Habit Sort LOWER elementary version
Listen to Reading Habit Sort LOWER elementary version
Word Work Habit Sort LOWER elementary version
Work on Writing Habit Sort LOWER elementary version
OR SAVE MONEY when you buy all five in this Daily 5 Habit Sort BUNDLE LOWER Elementary
Daily 5 Habit Sort BUNDLE LOWER Elementary
Morning Meeting Greetings, Activities and Songs BUNDLE
Follow me to get notices on sales, freebies and new products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
• Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase click on the Provide Feedback button. You'll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. I value your feedback.