Make your Listen to Reading center engaging and rigorous! The packet includes five stories for your students to practice finding the main idea and supporting details
in nonfiction texts. Your students will have a blast as they practice this skill.
Each story includes two versions. The first version is a blank anchor chart. Students can draw pictures or write sentences to describe the main idea and details of the story. The second version includes an anchor chart with lines. The lines help students write their sentences neatly. Please choose whichever works best for your kiddos and their learning needs.
Note: Please feel free to look at the preview and practice scanning the QR codes with your devices. The codes will take you to a ViewPure link. The ViewPure link will only show the story. This keeps your students safe from unwanted adds or links.
Stories included in this packet:
- Frogs by Gail Gibbons
- Planets by Gail Gibbons
- Bats by Gail Gibbons
- If You were a Penguin
- The Pumpkin Book
Want to organize all of your students' Daily 5 materials?
- Movie Stars Daily 5 Binders
- Arctic Animals Daily 5 Binders
- Jungle Animals Daily 5 Binders
- Dinosaurs Daily 5 Binders
- Dogs Daily 5 Binder
Want more Listen to Reading printables?
- Differentiated Listen to Reading Printables
- Listen to Reading Beginning, Middle, and End
- Listen to Reading Story Elements
- Listen to Reading Patricia Polacco
- Listen to Reading Black History