This listening center resource for Kindergarten includes materials to help you teach students listening center procedures.
It also includes the “Reading Zoo” tracking system to help you and your students see their progress throughout the year!
This resource is for you if you want to:
- Teach your students to stay on task at the listening center
- Show students how to troubleshoot simple technology problems
- Help students track their progress with a simple, fun system that doesn’t take away time from listening to books
- Keep students engaged in the listening center throughout the school year
This resource may not be for you if:
- You are looking for lots of reading response activities or worksheets (At the listening center, my students just listen to books. I keep reading response as a separate center. If you are interested in reading response activities, please learn more about my reading response pack HERE
Here’s what’s included:
- 11 lesson plans to teach procedures, routines, and expectations for the listening center
- Printable materials for the “Reading Zoo” tracking system in which students color in a circle on a half-sheet for each text they listen to, and then color in an animal for every half-sheet they fill up
These materials can be used with any kind of listening center, as long as students have opportunities to listen to texts (on the computer, with a CD player or tape recorder, on a tablet, etc.). I’ve also included suggestions for setting up your listening center.
Please view the FREE preview file before you purchase! I’m also happy to answer any questions you may have in the Q&A section or at Alison@learningattheprimarypond.com.
Looking for more literacy center activities for Kindergarten? Read about my complete literacy centers bundle for Kindergarten HERE
For a 1st grade version of this product, click HERE
! For a 2nd grade version of this product, click HERE