This listening center resource for second grade includes materials to help you teach students listening center procedures.
It also includes the “My Reading Trip Around the World” reading response and tracking system to hold students accountable and get them excited about the listening center!
This resource is for you if you want to:
- Teach your students to stay on task at the listening center
- Show students how to troubleshoot simple technology problems
- Hold students accountable by having them write quick reading responses that don’t take much time away from listening to texts
- Help students celebrate their progress with a travel-themed tracking sheet and certificate
This resource may not be for you if:
- You are looking for extensive reading response activities or worksheets (The response booklets in this pack are designed for quick, 1 sentence responses. I keep lengthier reading response activities in a separate center. If you are interested in reading response activities, please learn more about my reading response pack HERE!)
Here’s what’s included:
- 8 lesson plans to teach procedures, routines, and expectations for the listening center and the “My Reading Trip Around The World” program
- 7 “passport” booklets that students use throughout the year to write quick responses to the texts they listen to
- A printable tracking sheet and certificate to record and celebrate students’ progress in their “Reading Trip Around The World”
These materials can be used with any kind of listening center, as long as students have opportunities to listen to texts (on the computer, with a CD player or tape recorder, on a tablet, etc.). I’ve also included suggestions for setting up your listening center.
Please view the FREE preview file before you purchase! I’m also happy to answer any questions you may have in the Q&A section or at Alison@learningattheprimarypond.com.
Looking for more literacy center activities for second grade? Read about my complete literacy centers bundle for 2nd grade HERE