This bundle combines listening, speaking, and writing activities to support the news stories found on the BTN website. The link for each news story is provided in the description. News stories are a great way for ESL students to practice their listening and writing skills. This bundle is a growing bundle, so you will receive future updates with every new story added to ESL World.
Teachers should know that adult ESL students:
- Sometimes students just can't hear well because of the equipment used or outside noise.
- Actually 'listening' can involve more than just sound cues.
- Maybe students have a problem with literacy and therefore they cannot understand the actual listening material.
- Sometimes students panic as they try to understand each word being said and stop listening.
To combat these problems, teachers must:
- NOT provide written script (of the listening material)
- Encourage students NOT to use their translators while listening
- Be sure to advise your students NOT to write as they listen to the material
- Provide ample listening texts or sample real life conversations to help ESL students understand and connect real-life scenarios with their language learning.
ENTER Listening Comprehension News Stories!!
These stories provide ESL students practice in learning English language skills in VIDEO format, audio AND conversational English.
Use these for:
- Independent listening practice
- In class whole group news story discussions
- Listening practice prep for IELTS Examinations
- Prep students for any academic English examinations
- At home independent practice
- Listening in-class assessments
Each story includes:
- Listening notes.
- Partner discussion.
It is suitable for:
- ESL Adults.
- ESL Low intermediate.
- ESL intermediate.
- Grades 3-6.
Links to the BTN videos have been obtained with permission.
Thank you for stopping by!