- Product Description
Listening comprehension is an essential element of ELA instruction. That’s because students do not intuitively know how to take notes, discern what is important in a listening passage, or even know how to reference their notes when answering questions. This unit develops all of those skills through fun active listening anticipatory sets, instruction on listening and note taking, five original listening passage practice tests, multiple choice and short answer questions, and a final assessment to demonstrate mastery. One of the best parts of this unit is that through scaffolded listening passages that increase in length, teacher modeling, and tools for listening and answering questions, students build confidence in their listening comprehension skills.
In this unit students will learn and develop skills in:
- Active listening
- Note taking
- Answering short answer questions (four-step process)
Students Develop skills through:
- Engaging Active Listening Activities
- Practice listening passages that progress from short passages and teacher modeling to assessment-level passages and independent mastery
- Daily lesson plans (7)
- Fun and engaging active listening activities (6)
- Student packet for notes and listening practice (21 pages)
- Original listening passages (5)
- Final assessment
- Teacher keys
Great news! I’ve teamed up with Art with Jenny K to create art-infused listening comprehension activities! You’ll find animal-themed nonfiction listening passages combined with art activities HERE and plant-themed nonfiction listening passages combined with art activities HERE!
You may also like...
- Speech Analysis Unit --- Reading, Analyzing, Researching, Presenting
- Engaging and Creative Reading Response Activities
- Poetry Analysis Unit
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction