This fully developed, student facilitated unit engages students in collaborative and independent analysis of any text(s) you select.
Included in this file are:
1. Lit Circle Assignment Guide: a document for students to keep track of major assignments and where they can plan out supervised discussion dates which you will need to approve to balance your schedule.
2. Supervised Discussion Rubric
3. Discussion Prompt Construction Form: this is aligned with both Costas Levels of Thinking and Bloom's Taxonomy and helps students to write effective discussion prompts/questions.
4. Nonfiction Articles: A handout to describe the assignment to students.
5. Author Background: A rubric to guide student work.
6. Double-Column Chart for Close Reading: The handout needed for the Nonfiction Article assignment.
7. Letter to the Author Rubric
8. Book Talk Assignment Guide and Rubric
9. Book Trailer Assignment Guide and Rubric
10. MLA Long Form: An assignment to guide students through independent analysis of any book.