Thank you for your interest in my ‘Maus’ Lit Circles package! There are lots of directions you could go with this unit but here is a walk through of how I do things.
I have done this unit in three weeks and I have also done it in five weeks. It is very easy to condense and expand by adding and cutting certain discussions.
This unit is divided into 3 parts:
1) Double Entry Journals: 28 Journal Entries based on
- The Book: 3 per chapter; 1 prologue (19 total)
- In class discussions (5 total) Sometimes I cut these down and allow more for the film.
- The film (4 total)
2) Chapter Questions (not included. I use the questions from the link below).
4) The Essay (topics not included. I use the ones from the link below).
Included in this package:
- Letter with unit instructions
- Parent letter for film permission
- Double entry journal instructional powerpoint with practice activity and lit circle discussion instructions.
- Discussion prompt powerpoint with 5 prompts from poetry, Shakespeare, and short films.
- Double entry journal rubric
- Lit circle discussion rubric
- Graphic Novel walk-through with artistic devices.